FQS | Frequently Asked Questions

Here we tried to coved all of the important frequently asked questions related to NSC (National Saving Certificate) and NSC Calculator.

If we missed any then please comment us on this page or send to us by using out contact us form. We will love to answer your query.

National Saving Certificate (NSC) is a fixed Income Investment that has benefits like low risk, guaranteed returns, Tax Benefits. Anyone can get NSC from their nearest Post Office and can start investing as low as 100 INR.

Anyone who is looking for a low risk guaranteed return investment should invest in NSC. It also helps you to save Tax up to 1.5 lakhs under section 80c of the Income Tax Act.

Currently, there is only one type of NSC, which is called NSC VIII issue and comes with the five years of maturity period. The NSC IX issue is discontinued from December 2015, which was for ten years.

Yes, investors can get tax benefits up to 1.5 lakhs under section 80c of the income tax act. Also, the interest earned on the investment for the first four years is eligible for the tax rebate.

You can invest as low as 100 INR, and there is no maximum limit.

Currently, from the April 2020 interest rate of the NSC is 6.8%. Per annum.

NSC comes with the 5 years of the maturity period.

You can buy NSC from any nearest Post Office.

Yes, investors can get a loan against their National Saving certificate.

Anyone from the family can be the nominee. Even the investor can add a minor as a nominee too.

Yes, you have to pay Tax on the interest you earned on the maturity. Your original invested amount will remain Tax-free.

For example, You invested 100000 and gained 10000 as interest on maturity.

So on maturity, you have to only pay Tax on 10000

  • Photograph
  • Identity Proof
  • Resident Proof

No premature withdrawal is not allowed for the NSC, except in the case like the death of the investor, etc.

No, there is no TDS on the NSC maturity amount.

No NRIs are not allowed to invest in the NSC.

Yes, only adults can apply for the NSC; a minor can have the NSC but with a joint account with any adult.

On maturity, anyone can encash NSC on any Post Office with the help of their ID proof.

  • Cash
  • Demand Draft
  • Cheque

Yes, anyone can get a duplicate certificate in case they lost their NSC.