NSC Interest Rate Calculator 2023
NSC is a fixed income tax saving scheme where you can save up to Rs 1.5 lakhs in tax under section 80c of the Income Tax Act.
The National Saving Certificate (NSC) calculator is a great way to calculate the returns on National Saving Certificate. The National Saving Certificate is a long-term investment plan offered by the government. It helps citizens earn interest on their deposits.
If you want to earn more money on your saving, you can buy a National Saving Certificate. It will help you earn up to 6.8% interest annually.
The National Saving Certificate is a long-term investment plan because it needs to be held for at least 5 years. The interest earned is divided quarterly and credited to your account. A National Saving Certificate gives you more returns than a traditional savings account.
The National Saving Certificate calculator is an online tool that helps you determine how much you will earn on your deposits. It will tell you how much money you have to invest to earn a specific amount of returns.
If you are willing to find an interest in your NSC investment, then you can use the NSC Calculator given below.
How To Calculate Your NSC Investment?
- Amount: Add the total amount you want to invest
- Interest: Add the rate of interest proposed by the post office
- Tenure: Time period of your interest
Once you fill out this information, our tool will automatically show the result.
What is the National Saving Certificate (NSC)?
It is a fixed-income scheme, which means you will get your return on a fixed schedule. The NSC is one of the most popular tax-saving fixed income schemes in India for small and mid-income investors.
This scheme encourages small and mid-income investors to start saving, and it also helps with tax savings. By investing in the NSC scheme, you can save tax of up to 1.5 lakhs under section 80c of the Income Tax Act.
This is one of the most secure and low-risk investments, so your returns are guaranteed without any worry.
The NSC comes with a 5 years of time period, so you get your investment back after the 5 years with the interest you earned over the period of 5 years.
NSC Interest Rate Chart 2022-23
The current interest rate announced by the Ministry of Finance of NSC is 6.8%; previously, it was 7.5. The minimum deposit is Rs 100, and no maximum limit; also, there is no TDS on NSC investments.
|April 1, 2020 to until now||6.8%|
|July 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020||7.9%|
|October 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019||8.0%|
|January 1, 2018, September 30, 2018||7.6%|
|July 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017||7.8%|
|April 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017||7.9%|
|November 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017||8.0%|
How To Buy A National Saving Certificate (NSC)? in 2023
This scheme is only for individual Indian residents, so any Indian resident can invest in the NSC scheme from the post office. NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), HUFs (Hindu United Families), and trusts are not allowed to invest in this saving scheme.
FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS TO INVEST IN NSC SCHEME.
- Visit your nearest bank and get the application form for the NSC.
- Fill all of the required information.
- You also need an ID and residency proof.
- You can pay the investment amount via cash, DD (demand draft), or cheque.
How Our NSC Calculator Can Help You?
If you are planning to invest your money in the National Saving Certificate Scheme, then you must know all of the calculations of total interest and total money you will get on maturity.
Calculating the interest on the NSC is a little complex because of the compound interest. This means after the interest is calculated over your money for the first year, it automatically adds to your original investment, and next time you will get the interest on the total amount.
Yes, you can calculate the interest manually, but it will time consuming. With the help of our nsc interest calculator for ay 2023, you can get all of the calculations within a minute with 100% accuracy.
- Using the tool is very easy, just add all of the required information and click calculate.
- The manual calculation can take a long time, but with our tool, it is the work of a few seconds.
- Our tool gives you 100% accurate results all the time.
- Our tool is free to use without any limit, use as much as you want
NSC Interest Rates & Maturity Period
Currently, from April 1, 2020, NSC Interest Rates are 6.8%.
Previously NSC certificates came with the two option NSC VIII Issue and NSC IX Issue, but since December 2015, “NSC IX Issue” has been discontinued, which comes with the 10 years of the lock-in period.
For now, only the NSC VIII exists, which comes with a 5-year lock-in period.
Features Of National Saving Certificate (NSC)
- This scheme is to attract small and mid-sized investors. You can invest a minimum of 100, which means anyone can do NSC.
- Your returns are guaranteed. This is one of the low-risk investments where you do not need to worry about your returns.
- The lock-in period of the NSC is 5 years.
- An investor gets compound interest on the investment.
- There is no TDS on the maturity payout, so you get the full money, but you have to pay the tax on the total interest on maturity.
- The investor has the option to get a loan against their NSC.
- Premature withdrawal is not allowed, except for some exceptional cases like death, etc.
- Any of your family members, even minors, can be the nominee.
Investors can get tax benefits up to 1.5 lakh under section 80c of the income tax act. Also, you can claim a tax advantage for the interest you earn on your NSC Investment for the first four years.
On maturity, there will be no TDS, but you have to pay the tax on the total interest according to your tax slab.
Comparison of NSC with other tax-saving investments
What are other similar tax-saving investments Like NSC (National Savings Certificate)?
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana @ 7.6%
- Equity Linked Savings Scheme @ 12-15% (market-linked)
- National Pension Scheme @ 8-10% (market-linked)
- Public Provident Fund @ 7.1%
- Senior Citizens Savings Scheme @7.4%
National Saving Certificate (NSC) Interest, How IT Calculates?
Let’s take an example.
- Amount of investment: 100,000
- Rate Of Interest: 6.8%
- Year: 5
- Compound: Half Yearly
Your interest will be: 39703
Total Amount: 139703